Friday, February 05, 2010

My Day at the Spa!

Hurry ..hurry! We get up early and drive to my personal stylist's house. Miss Marilyn's Puppy Day Spa. Madison, another Yorkette, is there waiting for me. You know...my BFF? So we start talking and playing and pretty soon Charlie, a Bichon Frise, arrives. He's everly so handsome. He mostly just stares and stares at me. Madison says she thinks he has a crush. Maybe...dunno! Not interested in boys yet.

So the three of us are hangin' out just chillin'...and this guy, Sago (a black Pomeranian), comes in all loopy with dilated pupils in his eyes. He is mentally on another planet, I tell you. He's just sorta limp with a goofy smile on his face and every so often his eyes roll back in his head. The three of us think he's pretty funny.

Mom comes to pick me up about 12:15. She takes a look at Sago and asks Marilyn what kind of rug he is. Huh? (I say) and I look at Sago. Too funny. He's laying on the table and he has so much hair he looks like a bath mat, except for his head. Mom notices his eyes are going in different directions, so she asks Marilyn what's wrong with him. Marilyn explains that he's really hyper and jumps all over the place, so his mom gives him tranquilizers. Hmmmm! Mom says maybe he took one too many, and Sago starts grinning again, but his eyes are still going opposite each other.

Charlie keeps jumping up and down, absolutely BEGGING Mom to take him home. Mom even gets kind of embarassed. She bends down and Charlie plants a big wet kiss on her. Um...she says "Oh, I love you too, Charlie, but I can't take you home!". He keeps on hopping (and hoping, too) but no! He stays at Marilyn's.

I have a pink bow today. I LOVE pink. Right now it's kind of wet, as is the rest of me. Hey! I'm a dog, guys. When I get home from the office after a long day, the first thing I want is to go out. Yes, it's raining. So big deal. Into every life a little rain must fall. I go out, do my stuff and decide that since it's not totally dark yet, I'll sit by the fence between my yard and the kid next door...what's his name? It'll come to me. Oh yeah! "Pooka" (but I call him "Pooky" sometimes).

I hear "SUP-PERRRRR!!!", one of my most favorite words. I go racing into the house all soggy and hungry and wolf it all up. YUM! Chicken and duck kibble. Then I jump into Mom's lap and dry my feet. She goes "Eeeeyeeew!" and I know I've made her day.

All in all, a VERY good day for me. Hope yours was fine, too!

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: