Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mary-Margaret here, just checking in!

Hello! I'm here. My secretary isn't doing too well, though. Not running on all four legs, metaphorically speaking. Some sort of tummy problems but she's keeping a stiff upper lip and tells me not to worry. Still, I look after her anyway. Grandpapa and I both insisted she contact her doctor. She sent him an email last night to keep us quiet. We'll see what he says.

Jennifer is back at school in Alabama; Cheryl is working her new job with the great title but has offered to come back at nights or on weekends; Debbie-across-the-hall is doing some proofing for us. Yesterday we got a call from a lady who's coming in today to see about working for us, too. That'll take some pressure off me and I can go back to napping full time.

We're getting calls almost daily from "process servers" who want to work for us. No registration, no bonds. Oh, I take that back. We had one guy who said he had a bond for over a year but never got around to getting registered. Most don't have any experience, either, and they want us to teach them. Oh, there's a thought. We could become "educators". I have experience in that from when I mentored at "Puppy School". Yup. I could do that. Like when someone gets aggressive you just flip on your back and flash your belly.

Oh, enough for now. We've got to get to the office. I need to start nudging my Mom toward the shower.

Love and kisses...

Mary-Margaret "The Mentor" O'Brien

2 comments:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

MM,

Well you have to feel sorry for all of the people who have lost jobs. At least the ones contacting you are looking for work. Too bad they think anyone can do it. No one will be as good as you and your Mommy.

We hope your Mommy is feeling better soon. It's hard to be motivated when you don't feel good or haven't had enough naptime. We are glad she has you to look after her.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Lacy said...

w00f's MM, sure hope ur mama iz feeling better now...it no fun being sick...

b safe,
~rocky~