Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mary-Margaret, Mentor at Large

Today, me and Mom went on a job. We serve papers to people, you know? Well, sometimes we make friends with the people we serve and extend a little courtesy, like telling them we have something and when would be a good time to come by. That's polite, dont'cha think?

Today, we did that and we were told to watch out for the yappy little Yorkie that works in their office. "Oh, Yorkie?", said Mom. "Then for sure I'll bring Mary-Margaret", she said. I'm very good at mentoring young pups and teaching them manners. I mean, look what I did for my very good friend, Jami.

So we get there and here's Bailey, a really nice (but noisy) almost one-year old Yorkette. Wow...she has energy, for sure. I can't exactly tell you what I do, but I will say that at one point, I just stood still in the middle of the room and watched her run circles around me. First clockwise...then counter-clockwise...then back again. I was laughing inside, but I kept my cool. Pretty soon, she wore herself out and we got into mutual sniffing and pouncing. That was fun.

My mom gave her mom a business card and wrote our home phone number on it so me and Bailey could spend more time together. Maybe I could be like a "Miss Manners" in the doggie world. My Aunt Vicki was thinking that her Sparky (poodle-terrier mix) could use some time with a mentor. I'll bet there are a lot of pups that want to do the right thing but just don't know how. You think I could get paid maybe? If I did, I'd probably just donate to the Yorkshire Terrier rescue fund, or to Dink's Memorial Fund (see previous blog entries).

So much to do, so little time. I'm a girl on an adventure with life. I expect the unexpected.

Oh yes...my kitty was waiting for us to get home last night about 8:00PM. Sitting right in front of the garage. When we drove up and opened the door, Kitty walked around the side of the house. We played a bit after that. And tonight, there was another kitty...like a Siamese seal point....waiting for me, too. Kitties are just like us Yorksters inside. They just want to be loved, and accepted. I know these things.

Mom says my Kitty either had a very big meal or she's expecting a family. She is getting a bit round. I wonder where she'll go? And what will happen to her babies? It's hard to tell with feral cats. I wonder if we'll still be friends?

I'll keep you posted.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Deetz said...

I am so sorry I missed your birthday Mary Margaret....I hope you will accept my belated Birthday wishes...
Deetzy