Saturday, September 06, 2008

I have a NEW friend!!

Every night when me and Mom get home from work, we open the slider and I go check for cats in the back yard. I race around the perimeter and peek over the back fence. Nope. No cats. Haven't been any for a long time, either. (sigh)

Yesterday, I figured I'd just do the same thing, and get the same, old disappointed feeling.....except......I didn't. Mom looks at the spot I usually sit by the front window and notices I'm not there. Then she sees a little grey and white kitty sitting in front of the window, waiting for MEEEEE. OH BOY!! Woo Hooo!

"Mary-Margaret! There's a kitty here to see you!", she says. And I run over and sure enough, there it is...right there...right in front of MY window.

"Hello, Kitty!", I say. And the kitty just looks back at me. It's not a baby, but more like a teen-ager? It had some scrapes on it's nose so maybe either accident prone or a fighter? Anyway....so I'm talking away to the kitty and Mom opens the front door. Oops. The kitty runs away.

I've got to have a serious heart-to-heart with her about scaring my friends. Maybe tonight? But I think she's got it figured out. After all, I'm almost THREE YEARS OLD. My birthday is on the 19th of this month. That's TWO WEEKS FROM YESTERDAY, in case you want to know. I'm NOT A BABY ANY MORE. I don't need her to mess up my relationships. Nope. I work hard all day and snuggle with her all night. I should have time for myself, I think, to spend with my friends. Dontcha think?

Independently yours,

Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

BenTheRotti said...

You should definatley get some one on one time with your friends, would you like me to have a quiet word in your Momma's ear? Be careful of kitties though they like to play "scratch the doggys nose"

smooches,

Ben xxxx

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary-Margaret!
Sure it was nice to meet you kitty friend!
You are right. Our moms chose everything for us, but.... friends too? Not fair!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Lacy said...

w00f's MM, me iz sorry u mama runed off ur new friend...heehee u need to tell her to go ez on ur friends...happy early barkday to u..


b safe,
~rocky~