Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birthday Party Fun Fun Fun



This is MY Birthday Cake. I am THREE YEARS OLD today, September 19, 2008. At 12:00 noon, we started the party. Mom was in the middle of helping a client and told her "Oops...cake break!", and our client joined in the fun. We had sort of an "open house" for the rest of the afternoon and people came by whenever they wanted to.



Uh.....do I detect a flat note in there somewhere? Nawww.....probably just my imagination.





I think if the ladies would quit yakking, they'd see that I would like a refill on my cake plate. Hmmmmmmm??



These are some of my "pressies", so far, anyway! Some people said they have mailed me things....I DO EVERLY LOVE SURPRISES, you know! One man came in to see my mom this morning and as he was leaving he "tipped" MEEEEEEEEE $20.00. He told my mom to buy me anything I want. ANYTHING! (Note: Nobody has ever tipped me before. I like this concept. Very much!)





Did you notice that my theme for the party was "Dora the Explorer"? One of my favorite videos is "Boots and the Ball". And I am very serious about putting MY stuff on MY plate. Yup. Whatever goes on THAT Dora Explorer plate is MINE!!





I think my very good friend, Zooey the Cat, talked to my Grandpapa last Sunday and mentioned that it was my birthday. They both went in on my card together. That Zooey. Always pretending to be so aloof. Silly cat!





Here's what's left of my cake after my party. Mom called Jami's dad, Fidel, and asked him to PULEEEEZE come in and take the cake home with him, for his family to finish up. I'm not really allowed to have much cake. My Aunt Debbie made sure Mom scraped the frosting off it before I got to eat it. Probably a good idea. I just got the cake and bavarian creme filling part. That still was enough to give me what Mom calls a "sugar high". Would you believe that I didn't nap a whole lot this afternoon?

And the "ladies" at my party said that was the best cake ever. Mom gets them at Albertson's Market on Rancho California Road. She asks for white cake with Bavarian cream filling and whipped cream frosting. I asked for the pink and yellow roses....my favorite.

I can't WAIT until next year. Maybe I'll try lavender flowers? I had yellow cake last year. Wasn't nearly as good as this year, trust me. YUMMMMM!!!

Oh yes. And probably the best part of the whole day? Was when my Grandpapa called me specially to wish me "Happy Birthday", and play that song on his harmonica for me. Mom was really bummed that she didn't take a video, because for the first time all day long, I sat still and really REALLY listened to my Grandpapa. He's a pretty nifty harmonica player, you know? He's had LOTS of practice. Really, he has.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

5 comments:

Juno said...

Happy Barkday, Mary-Margaret!!!

Your barkday cake looks so yummy and BIG!!! :) We wishes we were there with you and your family to celebrate your barkday together. What your grandpa called you and played happy barkday song on his harmonica is so nice!

Momo & Pinot

BenTheRotti said...

You look like you had an awesome birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY-MARGARET
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Love you sweet girl,

Ben xxxxx

ChloƩ said...

HAPPY BARKDAY MARY MARGARET!!! Your cake looks so big, I hope you pass a fun day!!!

Love, Chloe

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Oh my, that is a HUGE cake!!

carolinamendezrealestate said...

Happy Birthday :-)
from Lucie and Carolina