Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ew...YUCK!...Blegh!!

I started my licking thing this afternoon. We weren't doing anything in particular and so I started licking air. Mom calls it "thrusting my tongue". Well, anyway...next thing I know she's got her fingers in my mouth.

"Open up, Mary-Margaret. I want to see what you've got in there!". Ummm (I thought), that would be teeth, tongue and maybe a little piece of old kibble...LEAVE ME ALONE! (I said). The fingers go between my cheeks and my molars and then she pulls my cheek out so she can see all the way in the back. "Hmmmmm", she says. "How long has it been such you brushed?". (Well, that would be NEVER. I say, because I don't brush them, YOU DO!!).

She gets up from her desk chair and walks into the bathroom. I don't think I like where this is going. Out comes my shocking pink toothbrush and the poultry flavored toothpaste.

"OPEN WIDE!", she says. (Uh uh...I say...no way!). Next thing I know her finger is all the way inside my mouth and she's pinching my cheek while pulling it away from my teeth. "AHA!! You have some TARTAR in there!". (Oh boy....this is NOT how I want to spend my Saturdays!).

After a bit of brushing and scouring she says "Oh, that's MUCH better!", and she returns control of my cheeks to me. "Ew...YUCK..Blegh!", I say, as I hop down and get as far away from my toothbrush as I can without leaving home. One of my gums even bled a little bit, she told me, and that's not good. So maybe I was trying to clean my teeth from the inside out all by myself? That doesn't work, in case you're wondering.

Although.....I do have to admit my teeth feel much more silky now without that fuzz on them. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all?



Love,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: