Tuesday, July 14, 2009

B...b....b...b...BATH TIME!!

Yoicks! I was comfy, cozy and half-asleep when I heard Mom call for me. "Mary-Margaret....Come HEEE-EEERE!!". I could hear the water running in the shower. I'm nobody's fool. Nope. Not THIS puppy. I nestled down further into the pillow.

"Mary-Margaret? Where ARE you?", and I squished my little body down as far as the feathers would let me. Uh oh, I thought when I heard the shower door open and I listened to big old wet feet slapping against the tile floor, coming right toward me. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....", I said.

Off comes the collar and I am scooped up, all nekkid and everything. I get hosed down with the movable shower head. Then I get all soaped up and plunked on the little seat in the shower to let the suds soak in. Best I just sit there, I think. It'll be over in a minute. I manage to lower my eyebrows and glare, though. I don't want her to think I'm easy, you know.

After Mom takes HER shower, while she's still all wet, I get rinsed off really good. I watch the dusty water go down the drain. I actually DO feel a lot better and I celebrate by racing, lickety-split, out into the bedroom. Butt in the air, tail held straight up, and my chin on the floor, I dry off first one side and then the other. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Then, while still slightly wet, I hop back onto my feather pillow, all refreshed and in good spirits.

It's really nice to be clean, I think. But my HAIR goes every which way and Mom just laughs. She says I look like Albert Einstein. Whateverrrrr, I say. I feel good and smell even better. I just KNOW I will be making new friends today, and they will be very impressed with me. Yup!

Happiness is a CLEAN puppy!

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: