Friday, November 14, 2008

Par-taaaaaaaaaaay!

We got to work, unlocked the door and THERE WAS CAKE!! Wow....CAKE, and presents and a card. I was everly so excited I could hardly contain myself. And then....(sigh)...I found out they weren't for me.

A little later a really BIG BIG box got delivered by my most favorite FedEx man. I raced up to it, stood on my tippy-toes, and tried to read the label. It was suggested that I step back just a bit; that it wasn't for me. (deeper sigh) It was a replacement copier for the one that fritzed out on us, and by the way, the new one doesn't work right either. Next time, we'll buy a Canon. (but I digress....!)

Finally, at last, Cheryl got back from the court, and we had a client there, and it was time to open the presents and ...ta daaaaa...eat cake. Everybody sang "Happy Birthday", even me. I was hopping up and down, "talking" (as I do) and when it got to the name I almost said "Mary-Margaret", but I was polite enough to wait just a second and good thing, too. Turns out it's for Mom, so I said her name (in my own language), and just kept on singing.

"I don't CARE if it's chocolate and I can't have it, I WANT it", I said. The grown-ups decided on a compromise. I got beef jerky with vanilla frosting. Not bad. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it, ok? I do love Birthday parties so very much.
I asked very nicely for seconds and was turned down flat. So I pouted some.

Then, I got my kibble dish and dragged it into the reception area and flipped it over. Mom said the floor looked like a herd of wild rabbits had left their calling cards.

Next, I saw some little pieces of paper sticking out of our client's shorts. His name is Patrick. Anyway, couldn't have been all that important (I figured) if they're sticking out so I plucked one out and he didn't even notice. I could have been great as a pick-pocket, huh? So I sucked on the paper for a bit and got it sort of soggy, then I shredded it into some pretty tiny pieces just to entertain myself.
Hey....if I don't know what a lottery ticket is, how do I know I'm not supposed to do that, huh? He and Mom picked up the tiny, soggy pieces and put them into a little pile, and Patrick put them back in his pocket. Just in case his numbers are called, at least he can maybe tape them back together? I hope?

So that was my day. Ah....yes. And I went to get the mail WITH NO LEASH again, AND got to go to the planter and piddle without a leash, and when I was done, I hopped right back on the stairs to go to the elevator. Yup. I know how to behave. Mom says she's really proud of me. I like feeling like I've made her happy. She tells everyone how good I am, and it makes me blush. Yup. It does.

G'night for now. Tomorrow is Mom's birthday and I want to make sure that she has a good day. My cousins are coming over to take her to lunch. No, I probably can't go, but I bet my Uncle Rudy will come play with me while they're gone.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's MM, happy birthday to ur mama, tomorrow..hope she gits lots of kissies from u...and has many many more birthdays..

b safe,
~rocky~

Anonymous said...

Mich, happy birthday & many, many more. I wish happiness & all the good things to come your way (minus, moving back east =(

MM, I'm very proud of you, no more leash, right on. But, please remember to stay close to your mom and don't wonder off.
Love, hugs, wags & licks, Aunt Shelly & gang