Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wheeee...for MEEEE?? My loverly week!!

Hide and Seek - I love this. If I don't see Mom, then she can't see me. I love my little car seat and hate to get out sometimes. So here I am just sitting, ignoring Mom who's saying "COME ON, Mary-Margaret! Get out!!"
Hee hee hee....see? I'm just playing with her. She gets so ... kinda nutsy, I guess...when I do this. She's hot, tired, and hungry, and here's me, just wanting to play. Oh well...I'm getting a bit hungry, too.

Corrine and MaryElizabeth sent me a crochet ball. It doesn't bounce or go very far away, so mostly I take naps with it. It's one of my most favorite toys.
I got a present in the mail today from MaryElizabeth. It's my very own baby doll that looks JUST like me. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I kissed it for a really long time until it was soggy - just right for me; I like "soggy".

All that licking and kissing and tossing and hugging made both me and my baby tired. So we curled up and took a nap together. It's so neat to have a "baby" to take care of.

We went to visit my grandpa on Tuesday. I got to see all my friends at Carrow's again. I specially like Rick from ...um....Brazil. He's cool and has a pony tail.
On the way to Grandpa's, a big old gravel truck tossed a rock onto our windshield and scared me really really bad. It was so loud, I thought we got shot or something. Now there's a hole and a teensy crack. Mom's getting it fixed on Friday.

We didn't leave work until maybe 6:30 last night and oh guess what? We had a flat tire. Mom called AAA and they said maybe 45 minutes. Here's what I did. Sat in Mom's lap and practiced making faces in her side view mirror.


Here's what my office building looks like from the side street where we stopped after finding out we had a flat. Mom says "Uh oh.....that sounds bad!", when she heard like a whirring sound as we drove. Yup. FLAT FLAT FLAT!!


Then I said "Howdy and Hello!" to persons of my kind when they walked by. I thought this guy (the black one, I mean) was really handsome. I really barked "Hello" to him.

Whoever said girls shouldn't call boys? Hmmmm? He came over and introduced himself to me. His name is "Bear" and he's a Newfoundland, only seven months old. He's very well mannered. We visited for a while.

And here's Bill, from Black's Towing. It only took him SEVENTY MINUTES to get there. The last 30 minutes we waiting Mom started playing with her cell phone and sending pictures and text messages to people. Not that she knew how to do text messages until she had nothing else to do; then she practiced on Aunt Vickie. She thinks she sent her a picture of me and a message like "Flat tire waiting for AAA", but she's not sure. She'll ask my Aunt Vicki next time they talk.

We finally got home and had dinner about....hmmmm....maybe 8:15PM or so? It was dark out and I was absolutely STARVING. Chicken and kibble taste everly so much better when you are SO HUNGRY you feel like fainting, you know?

Then we conked out in our leather recliner, and went to bed maybe 10:30, without even checking our email. That's how tired we were.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Mary-Margaret! I love the picture of you and your baby sleeping together... That's something you and Scooter have in common - he always falls asleep with a toy or a favorite chewy right next to him!!

MJ's doghouse said...

wow mary margaret this is quite an adventure to you...i think from now on you should make sure that your mom has food packed especially in a cooler in the car for you...poor thinkg...you could have positively starved to death...i never heard of such a think...i am so glad to hear you are okay after such an ordeal...