Friday, March 21, 2008

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Presents!



ANT - TI - CIP - PAY - SHUN! (Sounds like a Carole King song I heard once, huh??)



(we need to redo this one...silly woman! You'd think she'd figure out how to focus her camera by now!)



One of the reasons it took my mom over ONE MONTH to let me open my present (Thank you Auntie Joan, and cousins Baby Sweet Pea, Sugar Princess and Nicholas, Duke of York) is she says it takes way too long and she doesn't have time. Dunno what she's talking about. I open stuff pretty quick unless it's really wrapped up tight with a lot of tape.

This time was ALL HER FAULT. See....she gets all shook up about me opening presents because I make such a mess with all the little pieces of package on the floor. So I finish, and she gets the vacuum cleaner. She starts sucking up MY LITTLE PIECES of envelope that I'm not quite done with yet and I go over to check this out...like there might be something really important there. The end of MY leash gets sucked up and the next thing you know my EYES are bugging out of my head. Mom yanks out the plug and tries to pull my leash out, but it's stuck WAY too good. She goes into the workroom and finds a screwdriver, and takes the brushy goody off the end. After the cloud of dust clears, she starts pulling and sees that it's REALLY way up in there in the motor. (Note - by this time, her assistant has detached me from the leash, seeing that I wasn't all that comfortable pulling a vacuum cleaner around behind me).

Next, off comes the motor housing and whoop-di-doo, my leash is all wrapped around something with fins on it. It comes off ok but now the end of my leash is kinda curly and greasy. Aw, I figure it'll just go in the wash on Saturday, so no big deal. But then Mom has to rebuild the vacuum. She's covered in grey dust all over, and it's up her nose, too.

The whole thing is pretty funny to me and Ellen. Also, the vacuum cleaner works a whole lot better now that she's gotten the staples, paper and other furry type stuff out of it. I think she should do that more often.

I absolutely LOVE my presents. The "Princess" bling will look very nice on my pink collar, and I think I'll put my name on my personal private space called "The Kennel". I'll post a picture when I do, ok?


Love ya,

Mary-Margaret

PS - You just gotta click on the link to Baby Sweet Pea's blog (see link next to the picture of my Virginia license plates). What a really great life they lead being long distance truckers. Little Nickie is a new addition to their "furmily". Isn't he just the cutest ever??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a really good package opener!! I'll tell Mommy not to use so much tape next time. She is so afraid the post office will tear the envelope and loose the gifts that she gets carried away.

We can hardly wait to see how your license plates look on your "special place".

Thank you so much for putting our picture in your blog. That is just so sweet of you.

Love Ya Princess
Baby Sweet Pea, Sugar Princess and Nicholas Duke of York