Monday, March 17, 2008

How to drive your Mom crazy!

This is a lot of fun, and gets you some one-on-one time with the old lady. First, you go to your bed (the one you share with your mom) and pretend you can't jump up on it. You whine just a little but not a lot. Pretty soon your mom will come in to see what you're all about.

"Do you need help, Mary-Margaret?", my mom says. Then she picks me up, gives me a cuddle, and plops me on the bed. "Hmmmmmmm", I think, and hop down again. Then wait another five minutes or so and do it again. They don't get wise to you for about three times. Then they'll ignore you and you have to go back to doing stuff yourself. Meanwhile, you've gotten snuggles and tummy rubs for a bit before they catch on.

I think I'll start a column. "Ask Mary-Margaret". Whaddya think?

MMOB

6 comments:

Jas's footsteps said...

hehehee...Pebble does that often too! Especially on the sofa.
I'll do that when I see everyones in the bed & I not..i'll scratch & scratch the bed till they carry me up.

CoCo said...

My Daddy says that I talk too much when I do not get my way. I've tried your trick before and like you, it only works for 3-4 times and my parents catch on. I do not whine at them, but make gurgling, growling, muffled sounds because I'm trying to Speak Human!

Hugs,
CoCo

P.S. You...a Yorkie, was my Mama's dog of choice. Daddy brought me home instead and now I cannot keep Mama off of me. She loves me too much!

CoCo said...

I've tried your trick before and like you...it only works 3-4 times before my parents catch on. I do not whine at them, but I gurgle, mumble, growl at them for their attention because I try to speak Human to my parents. Daddy says that I'm talking.

Hugs,
CoCo

P.S. You, a Yorkie was my Mama's dog of choice, but my Daddy came home with me instead. Now I cannot keep my Mama off of me because she loves me too much. You are a cutie though!

bosco said...

that sounds like a fun thing to do. perhaps i will try it one day. you should start your column. you're good! :)

licks & kisses,
bosco

Lizzy said...

That certainly is a good way to drive your mom crazy! Another good way is to shove your toy under the wardrobe, then whine until your human comes and gets it out for you. Then shove it under again! It's super fun, and I could do it for hours.

"Ask Mary-Margaret" sounds great to me!

Sparky

MJ's doghouse said...

i am so glad you changed the color of your blog...my mommy and i had a bit of trouble reading the burgundy coloured one...you have been very busy mary margaret...i really like your friend Louis...i sure hope he comes to see you more often....