Saturday, February 02, 2008

Yoicks! BUSTED!!!

Here's the thing. It gets COLD in Beverly Hills in the winter time at night. REALLY cold. We get out of the car, grab our suitcases (yes, I have one, too!) and go for a little walk before we knock on my Uncle Mike's door. Mom says "Go potty, Mary-Margaret!". I'm thinking, like...here I am in my bare feet, lawn is cold, sidewalk is colder.......maybe I can get by with a quick squat!

By the time we get into the house I'm thinking maybe I shoulda....you know? So as my Aunt Janet and my mom are saying good-night, I think maybe I can find an out-of-the-way place to.....you know? Like NO ONE EVER GOES INTO THE LIVING ROOM. NOT EVERRRRR!
That was Tuesday night.

Last night (Friday) my mom is talking to my Uncle Michael about web sites and their Dad's paper, and stuff. As they're saying good bye, my Uncle Michael says I shouldn't worry about leaving him any more presents by their fireplace. I'm holding my breath....egads! They FOUND it! HOW CAN THAT BEEEEEE!!

Mom is totally humiliated. Embarrassed beyond belief. She just looks at me and says "How COULD you?" I'm like.....uh....well....er.......! So she asks him if it left a mark on their WHITE carpet. Well, I didn't think so, but whew! Aunt Janet says nothing, so we figure I'm good on that count.

Sheesh. Is there nothing a puppy can do that the big people don't know? It's not like I was trying to be rude or anything, but when you gotta go, you gotta go. And my mom hadn't put my piddle pad down in the bathroom yet. I need to be more assertive before we get into the house, I guess.

Shame-facedly yours,

with LOVE and Apologies to my Uncle Michael and Aunt Janet....

Mary-Margaret

PS: On the plus side, all the workmen from next door remembered me from last week and waved good-bye to me when we left to go home on Wednesday morning. That's kinda kewl, considering I was plucked from their midst even before their morning carnitas break. I have FRIENDS! Woo hoo!

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Sissy sometimes leaves a gift as well..maybe us humans don't pay attention like we should sometimes??

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Geez, what's the big fuss about? You're just a little, tiny thing. How big could it have been? We know you only did what you needed to do.
Roxie jumped on the sofa last night and into Mom's lap and suddenly Mom had a very moist, warm lap. Roxie is still paying for that one.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

My mom's pretty forgiving, lucky meeeee! I've been everly so good for days and DAYS since then. Poor Roxie. I really feel for her. Been there, done that!

MMOB