Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Chocolate Conspiracy!


Well, drat! I got a nifty smelling little package in the mail today from my very good friend, Lucie, all the way from either Venezuela, Florida or someplace in the Caribbean. Not sure, but I ripped that thing open in no time flat. MMMMMMM....I was swooning with joy, my tastebuds all a-twitter...! CHOCOLATE! I SMELL CHOCOLATE. I got that package open and saw what looked like a Willie Wonka golden ticket...make that TWO Willie Wonka golden tickets...sticking out. "MINE MINE MINE", I said, as Mom and Mary-Ann-From-Down-The-Hall snatched them away from me.

"Huh?", I said. "But those are....m..m..m...MINE!" Arrrrrrghh...sometimes I just hate being a puppy. Then I get to hear both Mom and Mary-Ann give me the schpiel on how chocolate isn't good for dogs and how it'll make me sick or maybe even poison me. Even my VERY good friend, Lynda, with which whom I stayed while Mom was in Germany, came by and said "Oh, NOOO! Chocolate will give her the trots!".

Well, HOW DO THEY KNOW??? I think I should check it out on Snopes.com and see. I think it's just a great big conspiracy hatched by the HUMANS to keep chocolate all to themselves. I think I shall do some investigating on this. I know (by way of grapevine) that my Great Uncle Roger, a Silkie Terrier, even unwrapped all the christmas candy one year and ate every last bite and he lived to be really old and had lots of children.

Yup. I think I will do some research. Us pups need to debunk this Chocolate Conspiracy once and for all.

I'll keep you posted.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

7 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh no.. your hoomans kept your chocolate?? I hope they give you some other treats in exchange

~ Girl girl

MJ's doghouse said...

oh mary margaret..maybe take your mommy to the pet store and find some little doggy safe chocolate...you are very tiny....i wouldnt want anything bad to happen to you...but i want to tell you that you are just beauttttttttiufl in that picture

FleasGang said...

Here,here!!! Simon ate a 1 pound peanut butter filled chocolate Easter Egg one time and he didn't even get the sharts!

The FleasGang

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Humans are stupid AND selfish! And SLOW! Today I took the corn husk off of my Human's plate. A little more practice and I'll take the home made tamale, too!

Anonymous said...

My mom says that she used to have a doggie brother who sadly passed away some years ago, but not before once having the feast of the century. He found a huge, gourmet chocolate Easter basket that Grandma had hidden under her bed. It was filled with every imaginable candy treasure, and even the basket itself was molded chocolate. It probably weighed at least 10-15 pounds. Well Uncle Fang wasn't too big, being a miniature schnauzer, but he did what any red blooded puppy would do, and chowed down. He ate until he was full, then purged from both ends and began eating again. Over and over he did this, until the entire basket and its contents had been reduced to a gluey, semi-digested, carpet coating mess. He lived many years after that, and never gave up his love of chocolate, or any other ingestible substance, for that matter.

Sparky

Anonymous said...

How can anyone refuse such a cute little doggie like me...anything especially a chocolate or two??

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary Margaret!
I am sure they say chocolate is bad for us because they don't want to share it with us!
I've never had it but sure smells good!
Have a great weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza