Friday, February 09, 2007

Luxating Patellas

No, it's not a spa. It's wiggly kneecaps. I went to the doctor to get my rabies shot yesterday and my knees wiggle. Dr. Bach says they're "Grade 3 Luxating Patellas" and that I have to lose weight (I'm 7.7 pounds) and walk more. She says eventually I'll need surgery to correct them. I don't understand. They don't hurt me but sometimes my legs click when I'm cat chasing. Mom says it'll cost about $3000.00 to fix. That sounds like a lot of money to MEEE, who still doesn't have a piggy bank. (hint hint)

So....Mom says "It's always something!". I guess. I'm sorry it's me but she just hugs me and says that she loves me and it'll be alright. She says she'll take good care of me. I believe her, too! That's what family does, you know? They take care of each other.

Nap time now. Today was my spa day with Miss Marilyn. Mmmmmmm....love those baths, bubbles, massages. And I got to play with Biscotti and Ava (I think that was her name) and...and.....maybe Winston? Mom picked me up at noon. It's like being pampered AND having a play date at Miss Marilyn's.

I'm everly so relaxed. :o)

Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Sara said...

Sara has Grade 2 patellas...I think it's a tiny pup thing.

Unknown said...

Awwwwww I have wiggly knees too MMOB! And your mom is right, everything will be just fine :)

Love,

Simon Samuel

The Leskiw Gang said...

MM,
My SIS Willow has the same thing only hers are to where she is going to have to get surgery done this year. She is really overweight and Mom has been trying to get her to lose weight but without any help from Dad and his mom she says she is fighting a losing battle.
Hope everything turns out good for you.
Paws & Kisses,
Maggie Rose