Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Yorkie Times

Dear Grandpa - Click on the pink link of The Yorkie Times to see all about stuff that happens in my circle of friends.

There's some sad stuff about Petie passing away, kewl stuff about Jilli Dog (who plays poker world wide), my column for this issue about "The 'ARF' Word", and....well, I say this to you in all humbleness and modesty.....the introduction of "Frock the War!" designs, for whom I was lucky enough to be selected as the "spokespuppy". Yup! That's me in the article. Us pups are supporting our troops and showing it by wearing a "Frock the War" dress or vest (for boys).

The Yorkie Times is the monthly newsletter put out by the Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue, Inc. in Chapmansboro, TN. My very good friends, Corrine and MaryElizabeth, are responsible for it's success, and also for raising the money necessary to provide life-saving medical treatment and surgery for some less fortunate Yorks and Yorkettes.

If you or anyone else reading this post would like to find out more about this legitimate charitable organization (503(c)), please go to Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue. If you'd like to help even a little bit....even send the loose change you find in your sofa or chair....I promise you it will be put to good use.

Love and kisses and schlurps....

Mary-Margaret "Spokespuppy" O'Brien

PS - Only nine more days until I see my fiance, Hashimoto of Bridgeton. I know his mom was concerned about who would sign off for us to get married because we are underage, but if you are counting in DOG years, we're both quite old enough to make our own decisions about this personal stuff. We do need a designated driver, though. Neither one of us have legs long enough to reach the pedals on a limousine, let alone on a tricycle. Hmmm....motor powered skateboard, maybe? I'll discuss that with my sweet Hashi when I see him. Mmmmmmwaaaah!!, my love. Until we meet again!!

4 comments:

The Daily Pip said...

Thanks for posting this! I am a rescued Yorkie and would love to help others.

Your pal, Pip

Heartprints Pets said...

Thank you for the link to the Yorkie Times. It was a very interesting read. I will definitely send a donation soon! I love the "Frock the War" idea! Very cool! When I was in London a few years ago, I saw a War Dogs exhibit at the Imperial War Military Museum. It was so very interesting. Our canine heroes don't get nearly enough thanks and recognition.

Neeko said...

Hello Gorgeous!

Cool post :o) and very informative.
We checked out Hashi on his Mommy's Facebook and I can see why he is the love of your life.
Very handsome and distinguished looking...

Loving youuu,
Neeko :o)

Neeko said...

Hello Gorgeous!

Cool post :o) and very informative.
We checked out Hashi on his Mommy's Facebook and I can see why he is the love of your life.
Very handsome and distinguished looking...

Loving youuu,
Neeko :o)