Monday, January 14, 2008

Veronica's Rooster (Cluck Cluck)

My VERY good friends in Kailua-Kona, Franklin and Lola (Auntie Allie's pups), got up on Thursday rather early and unexpectedly. See why?






That is a ROOSTER, and he's made a place for himself on Alex's surfboard that hangs from the patio cover. Nobody knows where he came from, just that he won't leave. And today he even had another rooster over visiting. Allie says that pigs run wild on her island, too. But no squirrels. Just mongooses...er...mongeese?


Here's what he looks like when he's NOT sleeping.

Now, about the "cluck cluck" - notice I said it twice? I was marveling at humans the other day and their attempts to communicate with us pups. You know they say everything twice, like maybe we didn't hear them the first time? Like "Oh, what a good girl. Oh, what a GOOD girl!". Or "You are soooo cute! You are SOOO cute!" and "Yes, you are! Yes, you are!". I haven't figured out if it's just because they think we're hard of hearing or maybe we need to have their statements reinforced. I tell YOUUUUUU, the older I get, the smarter I am and the less these humans seem to know.

I'm still working on my math skills, but I've got English down pretty good now. At night before bed, Mom lets me out. Says to me, "Make it snappy - it's BED time" (repeated at least one more time), and then says "OK, time for bed" (twice), and I skitter into the house pronto. No more messing around like I did when I was a baby. I'm IN THERE FAST! (Afterthought - or maybe because it's cold??)

Next time you listen to a human talk to a dog, you'll see what I mean.

Love ya LOVE YA.....

Mary-Margaret

PS - Veronica is Auntie Allie's grand daughter. Here she is learning to play the ukelele:

4 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Humans are stupid. It doesn't matter how many times they blah at me, it's still stupid blah blah!

MJ's doghouse said...

who's mommy girl..who's mommys girl...my mom says that twice all the time..i just think they are all a little nutty mary margaret...but you are indeed very smart...and cute

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh that rooster looks nice. Do you get to play with him? My hoomans keep repeat words to me toooo

~ Girl girl

Lacy said...

woofies MM, me finks when dey say thing 2 or more times, they furgot they said it the 1st time....or at least dats watt me thinks bout mama...

b safe,
;)lacylulu