Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Joy of Cats!





I love cats. They make good friends. They play and then they go home. They like "Hide 'n Seek", "Chase", "Peek-a-boo" and board games like "Monopoly" (not many people know that, though). My best friends are my cousin, Zooey (top), and "Silky" (bottom) who lives with one of Mom's friends.


We have cats on our slope outside the fence that are called "Feral" cats. These are cats that attended the Outward Bound camp and they've learned to fend for themselves. They don't need anybody at all. They catch their own food and make their bed wherever they want to and whenever they want. Nobody tells them stuff like "Time for supper!" and "Come in, now. It's bedtime!". Nope.


Sometimes when I'm playing with just one kitty, we both skulk along opposite sides of the back block wall and then both pop our heads up at the same time and say "Boo!". Other times when we're playing "Hide 'n Seek", I know they're right in my yard but I can't find them. Then I hear them laugh and I look up. Whoa...!! There's my friend sitting right on top of the fence.




Once, when I got home from work, I looked out and saw the white and black (maybe more smoke colored?) kitty just lounging away on top of the fence. I slipped out my personal door and raced over on my tippy-toes reeeee-ally quiet like and then said "Arf--arf--arf!", and scared the kitty so that it almost fell off the fence. One point for my side. Yayyy!!


The other day we pulled into the driveway and Mom says "Look, Mary-Margaret! Kitty!!" and sure 'nuff. There it was, on the fence, just waiting for me to come home. I kept telling Mom to hurry up and get out of the car. I wanted to play. It's times like these that she takes absolutely foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr. By the time I jump out my doggie door the cat was gone. But I could hear him laughing on the other side of the fence. Next time, I'll tag him for sure.




My very good friend, Pooka (who is my next-door neighbor and is part Chihuahua and part Jack Russell) makes a lot of noise so cats don't visit with him like they do me. This is good because I only have to concentrate on one side of my yard.




This is my good friend, Rocky Shaima, who lives in Fallbrook and HATES hats. Can you tell?

OK...I think that's enough for now. My GrandPapa likes to know about my life and CATS are a big part of it.


Love to all....



Mary-Margaret






1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your kitty friend with the hat on is hilarious. If only he could talk!