Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten more days 'til Christmas!!

Woo hoo! I'm excited. I wonder what Santa will bring me? The REAL Santa, not that guy from PetSmart, I mean. I already know that I am NOT getting my first choice - a baby brother or sister. I wouldn't even care if it was a human baby, though I would prefer another York or Yorkette. But even if I get nothing, I am still blessed with my life. Even my Dr. V once said that if there's such a thing as reincarnation, she want's to come back as "Mary-Margaret".

When I was picking out my gifts for my fur family I thought "What would I like?", so that's what I got them. Shhhhh! It has to be a surprise. Yup! But honestly, I liked the presents SOOOO much, I almost didn't give them away. Mom reminded me that Christmas was about feeling happy because you've made someone ELSE happy, so keeping gifts wouldn't quite cut it.

It's true, though. Like December is probably the WORST month of the year in our business. And yesterday morning Mom gave away some of her work to clients who needed our help but couldn't really afford it. And I hopped into their laps and gave them some loving and licks. Mom and me both felt really sparkly and happy inside afterwards, too.

Then, yesterday afternoon, other clients came in and brought us work and paid for it up front. Hmmmmmm! This totally validates my belief that the whole universe is a system of opposites. You know! Like "positive/negative", "good/evil", "plus/minus" and so on. If you do something nice for someone without wanting something back for it, you get surprised by something nice happening for you when you least expect it.

I think humans say it like this - "What goes around, comes around!". Some call it a "Random act of kindness!" or "Pay it forward!". It works. It really REALLY works.

May the spirit of the Christmas season be with you all.

Love and kisses....

Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

April said...

Wow, as always Mary Margaret has made my day! And it is still very early here! This blog is a wonderful reminder of all the good things in this world.

April

Lisa said...

You are such a sweetie Mary-Margaret, and so is your Mom.
Have a Merry Christmas!