Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Where's my Duck Lady?

I go to the bank every day and I have this little routine. We go in and, if there are no open teller windows, I wait in line. I used to let Mom hold me, but now that I'm almost four and I've shown how professional I can be, I can wait in line by myself. I'm very patient and very polite. (Just nobody better try to cut in front of me, though!)

I just sit there waiting for the window to open. Gina is my everly most favorite teller. She and I go waaaaaaay back to when I was a baby. She has little snippets of duck jerky for me. I waited and waited, and no Gina. I followed Kayla and a customer back to the safe deposit boxes but they whooshed me out. I guess I'm not allowed back there unless I sign a card or something. I got back into line and stood up on my tippie-toes to see as high up as I could and I looked EVERYWHERE. No Gina.

Mom was already at the window with Aida, the Assistant Manager, and she called me over, but I just sat in line on the marble floor, waiting for Gina. Marilyn and Jessica and Aida all told me that it's Gina's day off but I would have none of that. Gina just HAS to be there, I said. And I sat down at the front of the line, all by myself in this great big bank, and I refused to budge. I will wait here all day and all night, and all week if I have to. But Gina is my very special teller and I will NOT move until I've done business with her.

The ladies seemed to feel sorry for me, and I think Mom even teared up a little. They all finally seemed to realize just how important Gina is to me. I LOVE her. I really do. I can't imagine banking without her. I have to admit I got a little teary-eyed myself.

Finally my mom came over and scooped me up, saying "Oh, Mary-Margaret! I'm soooo sorry, but Gina isn't here today. Maybe tomorrow, ok?". My heart is broken. All the way out the bank I looked everywhere but ....(sigh)....no luck. No Gina. No "Duck Lady". No duck jerky. I put my head on Mom's shoulder, dejected and disappointed, and then we went to Albertson's.

They had just taken my chicken out of the oven and it was perfectly plumped and done.
Albertson's knows how to make a puppy feel better. I got lots of loves and kisses there. Mom gets sort of embarrassed at the fuss people make over me, and sometimes she sort of turns away and pretends she doesn't know me. I can't help it. I am a people person. And when I LOVE, I LOVE HARD and FOREVER.

Tomorrow, I will see my Gina again and all will be well in my world.

Love and kisses,

Mary-Margaret

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see Gina today, Mary-Margaret? We hope you saw her and had some duck jerky.
We hope that all is well in your world once again.
love and kisses,
abbey mia, harper, piper and auntie elaine

Hailey said...

Hi Mary Margaret! Your blogs are adorable!!! Will you be my new furiend!!!! I challenge you for the OOPS I ATE IT award:"When accepting this award, you must blog about the food you have stolen when your humans were not watching. If you have never stolen any food, you must have been a really good pup! You can accept this yummy tray of cookies as your reward! Next add the logo of this award to your blog (optional), then nominate at least 5 other furry blogs and let them know by leaving a message on their blogs."


Hugs & smooches xoxo
Hailey

Hailey said...

Hi Mary Margaret! Your blogs are adorable!!! Will you be my new furiend!!!! I challenge you for the OOPS I ATE IT award:"When accepting this award, you must blog about the food you have stolen when your humans were not watching. If you have never stolen any food, you must have been a really good pup! You can accept this yummy tray of cookies as your reward! Next add the logo of this award to your blog (optional), then nominate at least 5 other furry blogs and let them know by leaving a message on their blogs."


Hugs & smooches xoxo
Hailey

MJ's doghouse said...

poor mary margaret...you would think there was a back up jerky till...what the heck...well hopefully you will find some soon...Gina will be back ....dont you worry...