Thursday, August 07, 2008

Shopping, shopping, shopping...!!


Thisis our new kitchen table that we got from Unclaimed Frieght. We saw it on Monday with Auntie Elaine, Abbey Mia and Harper. Thought about it over night and decided to drive back to Reading to buy it. Long story short - Reading won't sell stuff direct but they order it from their Bethlehem store and you have to come back in 2 days to pick it up. Like we don't HAVE TWO DAYS. So Mom asked Mr. Grumplestiltkin where Bethlehem was. He says "IN Bethlehem!". We were getting no place fast. Another young guy bailed us out, gave us an address and a map, and in about a half-hour, we found it. Bought it, loaded it and voila. Here we are.

Today we went to Bostov's in Pottsville. Wooooo hoooo! Big sale. Got a picture, a ceramic chicken, two pots of red geraniums (the kind that don't wilt or need water) and a set of dinnerware ON SALE for $9.99. Can't beat it. Had my ice cream in one of the bowls tonight. I tell you, presentation is everything. Tasted so much better in our new stoneware.


Here's me getting comfy in my old bed. My new Stow Creek bed is just to the side. See? It's in red satin with sort of Chinese embroidery. I'm learning how to properly use my new Stow Creek Designs bed from Aunt Connie. It's very gentle on my hair. Would be like a well coiffed lady sleeping on a satin pillow. Same thing.

And for my Grandpa and my Uncle Mike, here's a room full of "Ware Chairs". Started back in maybe 1790 by Jacob Ware, the trade was passed from generation to generation. We passed Jacob's house in Bridgeton on our way to the Gibbons House which is now a museum. One whole room is dedicated to "Ware Chairs". The Bridgeton crowd was pretty patriotic and hopped on the tea bandwagon to show those Brits we don't want to be ruled by anyone. So the Bridgeton kids, home from college, got all the tea from storage and burned it in the town square. This is my understanding, but....well, a lot goes over my head. Especially considering I'm only maybe 10" tall.

Today I decided to get Mom's goat (who I haven't met yet, but I'm told I manage to get him on a regular basis). I hippity hopped into the garage and decided to go exploring. "GET BACK HERE!!" is what I usually hear. Wasn't disappointed this time either. Snuck out of the garage and made it half way up a wooded slope where I sat and waited for Mom to figure out where I was. Man...I tell you. That is so much fun. For me, anyway. I think she's a bit annoyed, but that's what makes it so fun.

Going to bed now. Am on Eastern time now. Kinda like it. Mom says if we get our new red couch tomorrow early enough we may venture back to Boscov's and see about the twins birthday presents. Good stock there, and great prices. At least Mom's not griping about them, anyway.

Love, Mary-Margaret "Super Shopper" O'Brien

1 comment:

Patricia Burke Johnson said...

Dear Mary-Margaret, I think your dining set and stoneware are beautiful. I feel just a little jealousy, but I am very happy for you.
I thought you'd enjoy knowing we too have Jacob Ware chairs in our, ahem, dining room.
My regards, Sausha