Sunday, August 07, 2011

Two more installments in YBC

Oops...I forgot to post last Sunday's inspirational message in our Yorkie Brigade Chapel series. First, I'll post today's message:

Sunday - August 7, 2010 - "Mind Cleaning"

Good morning and Happy Sunday!! It's sure been a week, hasn't it? We have so many memories, thoughts and ideas floating around in our heads that it's time to do some "house cleaning".

Our guest speaker today is Aida Spaulding, our Assistant Pastor Neeko S Spaulding's little sister. Although she's pretty new to our Chapel and quite young, she's got a lot of wisdom that she'd like to share with us this morning.

So...without further ado (or adieu?), please allow me to introduce Miss Aida Spaulding. Aida?

(clap clap...applause..."Wooo wooo " (from the Siberian Huskies)...."YAYYYYY, Aida!"....and she steps to the microphone) and speaks:

Keeping only the good memories :o)

My name is Princess Aida Chi-Chi Spaulding and I'm so honored to be up here today speaking in front of this pawsome congregation. My brother Neeko's encouraging words convinced me that I can do this since I'm kind of a shy girl.

I moved in with my forever family on July 3rd of this year after being rescued by wonderful MaryElizabeth and being fostered by wonderful Mama Corrine. I'll forever be grateful for their unlimited kindness, for saving me and for giving me a second chance on life.

Many past memories understandably have a great influence on our lives and determine how we are feeling now. My past does not have many good memories and because of that, I'm still learning to trust Humans.
My pawsome brother Neeko told me that in life is very important to keep only the good memories and discard the bad ones. I have to admit that when I moved in with my new family, we were emptying the trash cans a lot... My new Pawrents were busy "cleaning" any lingering unwanted memories of mine.
God must love me very much though because He blessed me with a wonderful forever family. I feel loved, adored and respected and know that no matter what, they will forever be here for me.
Thank You dear Lord for my many blessings!

Well, good thing that I'm getting rid of all the unwanted memories because let me tell you... the pawsome ones are just pouring in. Now I understand why Neeko told me to keep only the good ones because in my new family, you need lots and lots of room for them :o)

I would like to conclude today with this quote that I thought was adequate:
“What you need to know about the past is that no matter what has happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new. Right now.” ~ Author Unknown

Thank you all again for having me here and let us all remember not to dwell on the past and keep only the good memories :o)

Love,
Aida ♥

(applause applause - more whistles and "woos".....and the congregation rises to give a standing ovation...Aida blushes demurely and smiles....)

Thank you so very much for that, Miss Aida. Very wise words, indeed. Even Shakespawre wrote in his "Julius Ceasar" that "The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones!". If we cast out the bad and the negative thoughts and do as you suggest, perhaps it will be the GOOD that will prevail instead.

Let's embrace each other in love and friendship today. Make room for the happy thoughts and squeeze out the others. We are gathered here today for positive inspiration. We should all make a vow to follow Aida's example - to "forgive and forget", and to move on with sunshine and smiles in our hearts.

Please take a moment to remember those of our parish who have passed on this last week, and pray that their lives will not be in vain. We pray for the families and friends of those they left behind, and ask that they all continue their quest to encourage and assist the humans who continue to look for reasons and cures for the horrible diseases that have befallen these members of our community.

Please turn to your neighbors and pew mates and wag your tails or fluff your feathers as a sign of your commitment to everlasting peace and love.

The Ladies of the Leather Collar and the Knights of Clawumbus have joined together today and they invite you to a noon-time barbeque of spare ribs (ones that weren't needed, apparently), and Boston bulldog baked beans ("The musical fruit - the more you eat, the more you toot!", according to our Kindergarten class, anyway)

And here is the one from last week. Gosh, Mom is such a ditz these days. And she keeps falling asleep at her desk, or in her big leather chair, and one time....even started snoozing at a traffic light. I've taking to talking to her to the point she'd like to throttle me. But if it keeps her awake, I guess it's good.

OK..enough about that. Here's last weeks:


"Funk Day" - July 31, 2011

Welcome, welcome everyone. Boy, that week went fast, didn’t it?

Today was our “Funk Day”. That means that we give ourselves permission to be introspective, feel sorry for ourselves, pout a little if we feel like it, and nap whenever we choose, or watch movies all day. I kinda like Funk Day. No pressure, no stress. Tomorrow we are programmed to un-Funk, and get back on track.

God made the whole universe in 6 days and on the 7th, even he rested. Following his example, we rested on the 7th day, too. There’s a lot of good stuff in the Bible like that.

My secretary is still resting and I’m not having much luck in firing her up to take dictation tonight. I’m going to use something that I personally find inspirational. The original author is unknown, but several have tweaked it a bit and tacked their name onto it. This version is still anonymous, as far as we know:


People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, You will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, People may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, Someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, There may be jealousy;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, People will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, And it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see in the final analysis, It is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

Today I’m told we have some caramel kibble clusters at the treat table in the garden. The Kindergarten Puppies assembled them during their cooking class. They would be here to serve you but it takes a lot of soap and warm water to get caramel out of fur so they asked the Fachsie Dachsie Brownie Troop #411 to stand in for them. They hope you like your treats and you forgive their absence.

Please turn to your neighbors and wag your tails or fluff your feathers as a sign of peace and love.

Thank you for your continued presence at our Sunday Inspirational Services.

(PS - since this appeared I've been told it's originally from Mother Theresa and not to worry about being sued or anything. Mother Theresa would be happy that we got her word out!)

Blessings.....

Mary-Margaret O'Brien
Lt. Chaplain - Yorkie Brigade Chapel
"Yorkie prayers are Angel's wishes!"
"Pups for PPL"
"A dog has lots of friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue." Anonymous

2 comments:

Neeko said...

Hello Gorgeous :o)

Pawsome messages!
Aida is still blushing over the nice comments she received about her message and Meee and my Pack are so proud of her.
Have a Pawsome week!

Love and Smooches,
Neeko :o)
P.S. Loved "Funk Day"!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. Thank you!