Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Good Morning, GrandPaPa & Good Evening


Hi. It's MEEEEE....Mary-Margaret. Not my fault AGAIN that I haven't been posting. My "secretary" has been otherwise occupied. I'm getting better at typing but my spelling is a bit off, and it takes forever due to lack of thumbs. Everything is everly so much easier with thumbs, you know? That's what Mom says, anyway. I don't speak English all that well either because of the way my mouth is made so things come out like "grrr" and "wrrrr" and stuff. But I understand it absolutely perfectly, so nothing gets by MEEE.

Not that I've been doing anything really exciting, though. Like...OK, here's an example. Doing laundry in the basement of a high rise apartment building in Santa Monica. The first time was ok. I got to meet some ladies from Guatamala and Honduras and places I can't pronounce. This was my THIRD time. I can't reach the machines, I'm not allowed to rifle through the trash, I'm hooked on my leash and there are NO windows. Get the idea?

So....I try to find someplace soft and comfy to sleep. I have two choices and one of them is either reading or hopping up to check the wash. The other is reading but at least he doesn't move as much. So I get all snuggly and......well, I must be cute, too, because here comes Mom with the camera. Personally, I think me and my Grandpapa were perfectly happy snuggling as we were. But she's just got to get a picture.

Here ya go!

Good Evening! I figured I'd just add a bit to what I already wrote. This morning I went to my "dogtor" and got what Mom calls a "booster shot". (ow ow ow) But she says it'll make me stay well. Then I got weighed. Ick. 9.0 pounds. Oh wait, Mom said. And she took off both my collars with all my "blings", and I dropped down to 8.8 pounds. My collars weigh 0.2. I think that's a lot, but it's "me". You know?

James took me in the back to draw blood and do a heartworm test. That might sound ok to some of you but it means that they jab a needle into me and pull a thingy back and out comes MY BLOOD. I hate it when I have to leave my mom. I put my arms around James and won't let go. He remembers me from Puppy School. Nobody thinks I have heart worms but Dr. Bach likes to check every so often to make sure my "pre-vent-a-tive" medicine is working well. She is so nice. She even remembers my name and says "Oh, hello there, Mary-Margaret!". I made several new friends, too.

"Two Shoes" is a chihuahua that has pancreatitis and had to go into the hospital. He didn't look like he felt very well and his mom was crying when she left him. But they are going to try and make him better. I met a Pomeranian who was still a baby so he didn't speak very well and he was pretty active. My mom told his mom about Miss Lynne at "Cool Dogs" and she had already planned on calling her. So he gets to have a teacher, like me, to be a better citizen. Citizenship is very important in our upbringing, dontcha think?

Then we went to our accountant. After Mom gave Marie all the stuff I walked over to the table with the cookies on top and just stood there looking up at the tin of cookies. I remember how good those vanilla wafers taste. Being that I was very good, Mom let me have one. I just LOVE those cookies.

So that's my day. If you want to know, anyway.

I love you, GrandPapa! I really do!

See you soon......

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

MJ's doghouse said...

wow...marymargaret..you are so lucky you have a grandpapa..i dont have one...just a grandmama...she is a funny old girl...always worries i will get her brand new light light beige carpets dirty...as if...nayhow...i like to read your blog...but mom and i have a really hard time reading the stuff in the dark burgandy colour...it is really hard to read...