Friday, December 30, 2005

More Christmas with Cailin & Clancy

After shower and blow dry (which I’m not real crazy about), Mom dressed me in a red velvet dress and put a red bow in my hair. I mean, come on. A bow? Me? I wore it for a few minutes to make her happy. I even let her take my picture, but that was IT. Flopping all over my head, it felt like a big bug had landed on me. Mom took it off and said I didn’t have to put it back on again until we got to Colleen and Jason’s. Then I had to be pretty for my Uncle Rudy.

The car slowed down a bit so I stuck my head up from my nap. Wow. That Jason sure is a good looking guy and really nice too. He tells me how cute I am and I know this is the kind of guy I want to stick with. I’ll bet he scratches tummies and gives treats. I can tell.

I get out of the car and meet Colleen. She’s really nice too, but she’s carrying this guy in her arms that mom calls “Uncle Rudy”. What a grump! I just wanted to meet him, get acquainted and all, and he growls and nips at me. I’m not scared of him, though. I think he has a soft heart and he’s just trying to act tough because it’s his house.

We go into the house and I meet Cailin and Clancy. They are really nice, too. They give cuddles and they pet me and tell me I’m cute and stuff. I really like all the attention. Best of all, there are things there I really need to explore. I sniff everything and oh-my-goodness, there is a TREE in the middle of their living room. All kinds of shiny things on it. I can’t wait to check that out. I go upstairs and snoop around a bit, then go into Cailin’s room. She’s pretty cool and lets me look at everything that I want to.

The whole house smells so good. Something nice is in the oven. I found a silver plastic disco ball on the tree just about where I could pick it off. I can have it, Auntie Colleen says, because it’s all plastic and nothing will hurt me. I play soccer until the people persons sit down for dinner. I’m not sure about this Santa guy and this day called Christmas, yet, but I think I’m gonna like it. Uncle Rudy likes me, I know it, but he’s still acting like he doesn’t just to show off. But after I followed him upstairs a few times, he showed me how to get back down. I practiced with him for a while and now I can do it all by my self. Boy, was Mom surprised. So much for “time out’s” on the “kissing place” at home.

We opened presents. I knew the whole time which one mine was but no one would let me open it until after dinner. Finally. A blue squeaky star. I love it. I carried it all over and Rudy even tried to play with it. I probably would have let
him but Jason and Colleen said he’d “kill the squeaky” and didn’t think it was a good idea. Rudy pretended not to see me when I munched on his kibbles. Good Gosh!! I was so hungry and no one was giving me anything to eat. Kept saying something about how ham and chocolate weren’t good for me. How would they know unless I tried it, but no such luck.

We played and played some more. Upstairs and downstairs. Run into the kitchen and burrow under the tree skirt to see what’s in the middle. Play with some more ornaments, and then play with the cat’s Christmas present. I had so much fun. There was even Styrofoam packing to chew up. What more could a puppy ask for?

When it was time to go home, I kissed everybody goodbye. Mom put me in my car seat and I think I fell asleep even before I sat down. Christmas is a very long day. I’m probably pretty lucky it only comes once a year, or so I’m told. I can’t wait until the next one, though.

Oh…one thing else I learned? It is NOT cool to drink the water from the Christmas tree stand. Blegh! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big your grandchildren are, seems like yesterday they were little things. You must be so proud!