Saturday, December 31, 2005

After Christmas - Busy Busy Busy




December 28, 2005 - Wednesday

I went to the doctor’s again. I do SOOOO love going to the doctor. I met a really big white bulldog named “Brutus”, and two Basset Hounds named “LaVerne” and “Shirley”. We became very good friends. I just wish I was a little bigger sometimes. I always have to roll over on my back to show them that I’m friendly and that they have to be nice to me.

Then we get called into the examining room. So many new smells. I have to see who else was here before me and I sniff all over until the doctor comes in. I especially like Melanie Verreault. I call her “Doctor V”. I couldn’t wait to get weighed. As soon as Nicole opened the door to the tech room, I raced out as fast as my four little baby legs could carry me. Whooooooooooosh! Hee heeeeee! They all yelled “Noooooooooo, Mary-Margaret!” and ran after me. I just love to play “tag”.

I knew they were going to weigh me so I ran right over to the scale. Hey! How was I to know there was this really big crotchety old guy already standing on it? He went “grrr” to me and I ran for cover. I guess it’s a good idea to look first before jumping on the scales, huh? After old Grumpy got off, Nicole took me over and guess what? I weigh 3.1 pounds now. I’ll be really big in no time at all.

Then back in the examination room. I have a rash on my tummy and Mom was worried about it. Doctor V gave me some stuff to take but said not to worry and that puppies get into a lot of things. Sometimes I get something jabbed between my shoulders, but it only hurts for a minute. Then Doctor V picks me up and snuggles me, and covers me with kisses. She knows how to make everything all better. I just love her so!

After doctors, we went to look for t-shirts for me. Mom found a really cute pink and white ruffled dress but it cost $31.50. Mom said that was too much to pay. I saw some spots on it, too. I don’t want to wear somebody else’s dress either. I’ll wait until we find some better things to wear. Mom says if that dress were in a children’s store it would cost 1/3 of what Pacific Pets wants. While Mom was looking, the shop lady said to put me in the pen. It’s filled with newspaper strips and is so much fun to jump around in, and then I burrow through it like a mole, and then I pop up with shreds of paper all over my head. Lots of people came by to play with me. I almost got sold at least three times, but Mom was watching out for me and wouldn’t let them take me. I think I helped some other kids get adopted, though.

Oh, but I also got to look for a new brother or sister. There are some babies that look just like me only smaller. I really like being Mom’s only baby, and I don’t think it’s a good idea for her to even think about bringing another baby home. I think I talked her out of it for the time being. I’ll be extra good today so she’ll see how nice it is with just the two of us.

Tomorrow is Thursday. I get to go to Puppy Class again. I am so excited about seeing all my friends.

No comments: