Saturday, December 31, 2005

Mary-Margaret's Worst Day of Her Life


Wednesday - December 14, 2005 - A Very Bad Day

I was having so much fun in the elevator. Mom had both arms full and I was on the business end of a long leash. There's not a lot to do in an elevator, you know. I mean, all I can see are ankles so I decided to play a game. Around one of Mom's ankles, and then the other. Back and forth. The elevator door opens, and I start to dart out. But I'm stuck, now, and the door starts to close. Mom tries to grab the door and I try to jump back at the same time. OW OW OW OW....that REALLY HURTS. Mom stepped on my toe and I think I'm gonna die right there. It's got to be pulverized into smithereens. "OW OW OWWWWW", I cry, and I think it's never going to stop hurting.

The good news is that I got to visit the doctor, whom I absolutely love, and there are no broken bones or fractures. The bad news is that I have to wear a "soft cast" for a week or so and I can't get it wet. That is a challenge all by itself. All of the doctors and technicians even signed my little cast for me. Everybody had so much fun playing and cuddling with me, I had no "cage time" at all.

The other bad news is no Puppy Class until I get the cast off. At least I got to see Sandy before I went home. He wasn't too happy, either. His mom and dad were going to Tahoe and leaving him at the Doctor's office. We kissed each other and said maybe next week?

The vet technicians swore that I'd pottied before we left. I tried to tell Mom. I really did. I squeaked and squealed and danced all around. That should have been her first clue. But by the time we reached our client's office and Mom lifted me out of my car seat, my “blankie” was soaked and so was my cast. If that weren't embarrassing enough, our client didn't want to hold me because he was afraid I'd wet on him. Really!! I mean, if things weren't bad enough, and he had to go and actually SAY that.

But, I got to go back to the doctors for a new cast and a new signing by all of my friends. This time, they put a tiny baggie over my foot to keep it dry "just in case".

Tomorrow has got to be a better day, don't you think? Posted by Picasa

No comments: