Saturday, December 31, 2005

Mary-Margaret Makes New Friends

December 29, 2005 - Thursday

We go to work today. I am sooooooooooooo good. I am really good. I even “arf” to go O-U-T! That’s how good I am. I didn't even shred any paper although it was pretty tempting. Finally, Mom says it’s time for Puppy Class. My ears perk up. Can it be so? Then she says “You’ll see your friends Sandy, aaaaand Samantha…..aaaaand Bailey ……and….”. And then I’m just so happy I can’t wait to get out of the door. All the way to class I am hopping up and down in my carseat, trying to make the car go faster. “Are we there yet?”, I ask?

Mom parks and I practically leap into her arms. We say hello to the vet helpers and technicians and to Dr. Kahler, but all I really want to do is go PLAY PLAY PLAY. First thing I see is someone who looks just like me only a bit smaller, and with bigger ears. It’s “Dizzle”, a little boy Yorkie with a “Rock Star Stud” t-shirt on. He’s so silly, but he becomes my friend. He’s the only one there that’s littler than me, so I have a bit of fun terrorizing him. “Grrrrrrr”, I say, and he runs under the chair. Ooops? He thinks about it a bit and then rushes back at me with a “GRRRRR”. He’s sure got a big yap for such a little guy. He’s a lot of fun, though.

Samantha has the “sneezies” so she’s not at class. Sandy has the sniffles so he’s not at class. Bailey hasn’t been there the last two times and I kind of miss him. Phantom came late and was in a rotten mood. Her leg is better but she had a tooth pulled and some blood work done (whatever that’s supposed to mean), and she was cranky. Sammy, a Norwegian Elkhound and Teddy, an Australian Shepherd, were new students. They’re just babies, but already they‘re a lot bigger than I am. The best thing to do, I learned, is to flip on your back and dazzle them with your tummy. That works well. I was the oldest one there next to Godiva, who is ten months old now. Wow, can she play fetch. I could learn a few things from her.

(Yaaaawwwwwn) I guess it’s time for bed now. I can’t believe how tired I get after playing so hard. I was pretty ornery when I got home and got in trouble a few times. I just can't get that “out” thing right yet. Half the time I remember, and half the time I forget. Mom got a bit mad at me and yelled “The world is NOT your toilet. Go OUT!!!”. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments: