Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas 2005

Part II
(as told by Mary-Margaret)


December 25, 2005

(Mary-Margaret has asked to tell this day in her own words)

Something very special is happening. Last night, Mom said to go to sleep because Santa was coming. I don’t know who that is but he must be pretty big time stuff. When we ran what Mom calls “errands”, we saw lights everywhere and even deer and trees and a sleigh made out of lights. It was beautiful.

This morning, I woke up before the sun did. Mom was still out cold but I didn’t want her to miss anything. I licked her face but she turned over. I grabbed her hair in my teeth and pulled and she just mumbled “no…ugh…no, Mary-Margaret” and pushed her face in the pillow. I don’t give up easily as she well knows. I burrowed under the covers like a gopher and started licking the back of her knees, but she curled up. So I did the only thing left to do: I started biting her toes.

She laughed. I got lucky there. I guess I could have been kicked in the ribs or something, but she laughed and said “OK, come on, little girl. Let’s go see what Santa brought you”.

We went downstairs and there were pretty packages all over the table in the “no no” room (Mom calls it the living room unless she‘s talking to me). There was a net stocking full of things I like. A ball, a tug-o-war rope, a squeaky chew toy, and a can of something. I’m not sure about the can but I like every thing else, including the cardboard from the top of the stocking.

Then, she called me over and we unwrapped a present from my “Sissy” that I haven’t met yet, but I’m sure she’s nice. She sent me two dresses. I really like them. I wanted to wear the green one with the yellow things first so Mom put it on me and I kept it on all morning until it was time to shower. Darn. Those little yellow things don’t stick on too tight. First bite and it comes right off. Mom said it was ok. She’d sew the “flower” back on. Posted by Picasa

No comments: