Saturday, December 31, 2005

Mary-Margaret and the Beauty Shoppe

December 30, 2005 - Friday

Up early, do our morning duties, exercise a bit and have breakfast. Hurry, hurry! We are going to Miss Patty’s today. She’s my hairdresser that I‘m going to meet for the first time. I am really excited about this. I DO love something new. Into my car seat and off we go. It’s overcast and chilly outside, but I hardly notice. At last the car stops. We are HERE! Yayyyy.

I see lots of buildings, a million miles of grass, some fencing to keep me safe, and other puppies playing. This is “Clip ‘n Snip” where Mom used to take my Uncle Sneakers and Great-Aunt Susie. I’m told that Susie was pretty famous here as “Susie, the Singing Chihuahua”. As soon as Mom would drop her and Sneakers off, she’d sing opera the whole time until Mom picked her up again. I’ll bet my Great-Aunt Susie was a hoot. Anyway, there’s another sign that says it’s also called “Country Kennels”. If I need a baby sitter, I can come here, too!

I meet Patty and absolutely love her. I have my own room here. OK…it might seem like a cage to some folks, but to me, it’s a room with a view that I really like. I get to see all the people and puppies coming and going. I say “Hello” and “How are you?” to absolutely everyone.

Mom starts to leave. Uh oh. I wasn’t ready for that. No way am I going to kiss HER good bye. She’s not supposed to leave me. Not ever unless I say so. I’ll turn my face away and maybe she’ll stay? Nope. That didn’t work. She’s gone and here I am all by myself, but soon I forget and start to enjoy the attention.

I now have TWO bows on my collar. Miss Patty called Mom and asked if I should have a “top knot” or bangs. I guess Mom said bangs, because I don’t have anything on the top of my head, thank goodness. I take a nap because I am absolutely totally tuckered out. The next thing I hear is “Mary-Margaret?”. Oh yaaaaaay!!!! It’s Mom! She’s finally come to get me. I’m ready to go home.

Here’s a picture of me looking absolutely beautiful (I’m told) with Jackie and Jennifer, two of the helpers at Miss Patty’s Country Kennels. Can you tell it‘s very VERY hard for me to hold still?:

No comments: