Friday, October 29, 2010

My new friend, Becky!

Dear Grandpa: I have a new friend. Her name is "Becky" and she's a baby miniature Chihuahua. She is about 3 months old and is smaller than my left rear hind quarter. She "yips" a lot, and makes little growly noises, but I know she's being friendly.

We went to visit one of our clients today and I ran straight back to their office. I visited politely and when it was time to go home, I walked into the hallway and that's when I met Becky. My gosh, I've never met anybody that's everly so much smaller than me. She weighs maybe 2 pounds...maybe not that much. Her humans are from Spain and they let me and Becky get to know each other.

Her main human man got her a tiny bowl of water and let her share with me. That's how you know you have made a really good friend because they share their water with you. In case you were wondering, that is. Our client came out into the hallway and they thought Becky was really cute, too. Lots of visiting and lots of "oooooohs and ahhhhhhs".

When it was time for us to leave, Mom took the papers and stuff and started walking to the elevator. I sat down near Becky's door. Mom got ALL the way to the elevator and looked back down the long LONG hallway. I was still sitting down. She called me, then she called some more. I ignored her. She said "Don't make me come get you!", and I said "Game's on!" and stayed sitting right there.

Mom gets about half-way to me and I get in "pounce" form. You know, butt in air and head down? Anyway...bottom line is I knew I was going to get scooped up so I walked back to Becky's office. The door opened and Becky and her human came out. I went into their office and so did Becky. We had some fun time, too.

Ultimately (love that word!)...ULTIMATELY we had to go, though. This time I got picked up and Becky's human picked her up. We said our good-byes and "see ya laters".

It's always nice to make a new friend and now I know who I can visit with while Mom's at her client's place. Next time maybe someone will have a camera ready so I can send you a picture of us.

This is one of me and my friend, Dexter. We're just "pee mail" buddies, though.



I'm still happily engaged to my sweet Hashimoto who is moving to California soon just to be with me.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I know I will.

Love and smoochies...

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

George The Lad said...

Nice to hear all about Becky, like you said photos please! but I can tell from you post you had a great time
Have a Great weekend
See Yea George xxx