Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bunnies in the Backyard



My very good friend, P. Reginald Rabbit. He lives on the slope behind me on the other side of the fence. My Aunt Leslie told my mom to go to a feed store and get some Timothy Hay. We have to sprinkle it on our lawn for the bunnies. Bunnies and cats clean themselves by licking but cats can throw up hairballs and bunnies just get all plugged up. Aunt Leslie says that Timothy Hay will make the bunnies' little digestive systems get rid of all the hair. If they don't she says they'll die in a year, but a well taken care of bunny can live 10 or 12 years. Next stop - Dan's Feed and Seed at the end of Old Town. Or maybe that new Feed Store in Murrieta.

Mom is sort of scowling about all this. She says "Oh Boy! Just what I wanted - more bunnies, more poop and more rabbit hair in my back yard!". I just tell her to "chill" and that it's MY backyard, too.



Love,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: