Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lt. Chaplain Mary-Margaret O'Brien - SIR!!

On Tuesday, me and Mom had a serve to make on a soldier at Camp Pendleton in the morning. Mom stopped at the guard shack to show her ID. She really didn't need to. I am "military" (The Yorkie Brigade) and am recognized by other soldiers in many places. As Mom was trying to find her ID card in the bottom of her purse, the Naval policeman looked in our car window and said "Is THAT Mary-Margaret?".

Mom was absolutely stunned. She said "OH My God! HOW DO YOU KNOW MARY-MARGARET?", and she mumbled something like "My dog has more acquaintances than I do." I was enjoying the moment so I kept my trap shut, but actually there was a relatively simple explanation. I'll tell you in a second, but...(hee hee hee)....I just sat there with a big grin on my face!! Oh...and gave Kyle (that's his name) a whole lot of kisses. I think all the other policemen were a little jealous.

Then we went to Base Legal and the officer in charge says "Hello, Mary-Margaret!". He remembered ME from our last serve. My mom may retire sooner than she planned and just let ME handle things. I may let her drive, though. I'm sure I'd pass the test but for some STOOPID reason the humans at the DMV won't even let me try!.

(NOTE: Explanation - the Navy policeman was the son-in-law of my Auntie Lynda who calls me "PooPoo LahLah" and who baby-sat me while Colleen and Mom were in Germany! Still..that was what...over 4 years ago??)

I love my life!!

Mary-Margaret O'Brien
Lt. Chaplain
Yorkie Brigade

No comments: