Thursday, June 14, 2012

International Association of Canines - Temecula Local 92591

We were standing in the check-out line at Von’s the other day. Crystal, the checker, was telling us that she was going to retire in about seven years and move to Hawaii and that me and Mom could go visit her. Mom lifted an eyebrow and said something like “Really? Mary-Margaret, too?”. Then they started talking about how pups have to be quarantined before they can go to the Islands, which is SO unfair (in my opinion, anyway!).

The lady in line ahead of us turned around and said “Is THAT Mary-Margaret?”. Now you have to understand I don’t have much of a life away from Mom except my regular trips to the Puppy Day Spa otherwise known as Prime Cuts, otherwise known as “Miss Marilyn’s”. Mom just about swallowed her tongue (but recovered nicely) and said “How do you know Mary-Margaret?” The lady introduced herself as Carol and said “From Marilyn’s! I’m Lexi and Gordy’s mom! Marilyn talks about Mary-Margaret all the time!” and the mystery was solved. Lexi and Gordy are a couple of Shih Tzus I hang out with.

Earlier in the day we went to Bank of America and I said “Hi!” to all my friends. Our teller was Maggie May’s mom, Tracy. Maggie May and I both had a play date at Marilyn’s the last time I was there. So Tracy was telling Mom all about it. The other teller, Lisa, won't be at Bank of America much longer since she's getting her certificate as an x-ray technician, but her pup, Einstein or “Einy”, goes to Miss Marilyn’s, too, so I keep in touch.

The man in line behind us at the bank who works for DCH Dodge in town started petting me. He told me he had a pup just like me at home named Eddie. When he goes home Eddie takes him for a long walk. Eddie sounds like a really nice guy and I can’t wait to meet him. I wonder if he takes Eddie to work with him? I should drop him one of Marilyn’s cards so he can join our play group.

Madison is Miss Marilyn’s Yorkette. She has GME but she’s sort of in remission. I’ve known her for a really long time and we are absolutely BEST friends. If you don’t know what GME is you could “Google” it. It’s hereditary, incurable and usually fatal. Madison is very brave and an example to us all about how to deal with life's curve balls.

Carol said her friend, Patrice, takes her kids to Miss Marilyn’s, too. She couldn’t remember the pups’ names but I do. It’s Lizzie and Darcy. We’ve been buddies for ages but our moms didn’t meet until June 17, 2010 when I introduced them. I have a whole lot of friends in this town thanks to Miss Marilyn. (Note: Keeping a diary is essential to remembering dates.)

Good grooming isn’t just to be beautiful. It’s a Social, Educational and Pawlitical opportunity!!

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: