Monday, April 23, 2012

God bless Mr. Shaima!



My very good friend, Michael L. Shaima, Attorney at Law, passed on over to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He'd been pretty sick and every time we thought he was getting better he'd get sicker again. For the past couple of weeks he'd just been resting, and yesterday morning at 11:30AM he went to be with God.

He was a nice man and gave me tummy rubs. When I'd get off the elevator on the third floor of his building I new right where to go. I would run ahead of Mom and scratch at his door until she'd open it for me. Sometimes there would be some goodies in their "kitchen" and I'd get a treat. I'd always run into his inner office to say "hello" and give him loving if he was in a good mood. Otherwise, I just dash in and wink at him and run right back out again. We had a special relationship.

Mr. Shaima's wife, Mary, worked with him and took really good care of him, both at the office and at home. She was holding him as he passed on, and she's taking care of winding up his business and personal affairs. She's a warm, strong and loving person. Together they made a really good team.

Dear God, please look after my friend, Michael Shaima, and help him get settled in his forever home. I will come visit him in a few years so we can get back to our licks and cuddles. Until then, Lord, please also watch over Mary and their son, Tim, who is going away to college.

I will really miss him a whole lot.....and so will my mom.

Blessings, and love...

Mary-Margaret

No comments: