Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Box with Many Buttons

First off, let me apologize for not writing more in my diary. My "secretary" has been up to her eyeballs in other projects, including helping edit my Sunday Chapel messages. I forgive her for not having more hours in her day and I hope you do, too.

I'm also noticing that it's much harder to get her attention when I'm needing it most. We have supper, we start to watch some TV and I end up having to hop on her tummy to wake her up to go upstairs to bed. Once in bed, she's half asleep most of the time and belly rubs are the last thing on her mind.

Last week I discovered that the little box with all the buttons (she calls it a "remote") can be very useful. I accidentally rolled over on it and BINGO! The channel changes and she goes "Wha..? Huh...?" and grabs it back from me. "Darn you, Mary-Margaret!", she says. But then I get some scratchies and some belly rubs and things are good.

Last night I was sort of fooling around with this "remote" thing and pressed another button. We got a little message up on the TV screen saying to enter our pass code. Hee hee hee....and sure enough! She says "NOW WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?", and I just give her my most winning smile. She messes with the button box and gets things back to normal. And I get some more scratchies and belly rubs.

Mom's favorite saying is "Think outside the box!". Mine is "Think about the box!".

Life is good.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: