Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Camera and other Crises

To Whom it May Concern:

Re package I am supposed to be opening sent from my Auntie Dee and Cousin Shadow, rest assured I have NOT forgotten. It is sitting right next to my office bed in a half-opened state. My MOTHER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for me not getting it opened. She thinks you all want a video of me doing it. Like...hello? It's MY pressie? But, no. She says she's getting a new battery. For the camera, and probably one for her, too. She needs one. But we wanted to let Auntie Dee know we don't mean to be rude or seem unappreciative. We just don't have a lot of time right now.

Mom's working her buns off, having a nervous breakdown from way to much work (no, she's not complaining yet), and she's having nightmares from the current financial crisis. I should know. She grabs ME at 3 in the morning and sobs on my belly. Which is fine. I just go back to sleep, soggier, but knowing that I provided a useful service. "Tha's m'yob!!"

Anyway...present...probably next week. She has to be at a conference in San Jose this weekend. Yes, I'm going, too. Oh Joy! Just what a puppy needs. Lectures on collecting judgments and how to find assets. Oh well. I'm told there may be Chicken Marsala for lunch. I hear my Aunt Rose just loved it. Even the green beans with almonds.

I'll let you know all about it when we get back.

PS - I do love presents, honestly. Just got another one today from the building owner's pup, Oz, who was my student at Puppy School. He put it into a bag so all I had to do was reach inside. He still says "Yes Ma'am!" when he talks to me. Did I mention he's at least twice my size now? I think I did a good job with him. I really miss teaching, you know.

Love,

Miss O'Brien, Puppy School Teacher

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Mary-Margaret!

Man, don't you just get so annoyed with your humans when they won't let you do what you want to do NOW? I sure do hope you'll be allowed to open your package soon, I'm sure it must be very hard to wait so long!

Sparky

MJ's doghouse said...

mary margaret..you are one busy young lady...i myself prefer the life of leisure...but for those of us that enjoy to be taught i am glad there are good women like you out there to take care of them