Thursday, June 27, 2013

Slumber Party

Monday night I was invited to my very first "sleep-over" with the Lillard sisters, Roxie, Sasha and Callie.  They are miniature Collies and quite a bit bigger than I am.  Callie sleeps with Jennifer, and I got to snuggle in Jennifer's bed, too.   I had a pretty decent time, I guess.  I got to go to the Dog Park for the first time because my mom NEVER lets me go (she's afraid I'll catch something from the other pups), and I got some dinner, and some cuddles and scratchies.

The truth, if it be known, is something else entirely.  I was abandoned....dumped. "Sleep over", my left paw. It was a complete LIE. My mother LEFT me all night long. Jennifer is my co-worker and she likes me and I like her but nobody said I was going to be sharing her bed with another dog for the whole night, and that my mom wasn't going to come rescue me. Jennifer drove me to work first, and then to my house after Mom got home. I'm so mad I could spit.  I gave Mom the cold shoulder all day. I was a mess. My hair was all rumpled and sticking out, and I had hives on my belly and I slept all day. I won't get over this quickly, you know. Yorkies hold grudges and this one is a biggie. (PS - steak or In'N'Out might help a little - hint hint)

Finally about 5:00PM on Tuesday when me and Mom were napping, I gave my mom a gazillion kisses all over her face.  She laughed and said "Oh, I'm so glad you're not mad at me any more!".  Well, RATS!  I had forgotten I was miffed so I rolled over and continued with the cold shoulder.  For dinner I got chicken and kibble.  

Wednesday afternoon things got better.  We went to In'N'Out for lunch and I got TWO hamburger patties instead of my usual one.  My practice sessions at laying guilt paid off.  I need to work on "hinting", though.  Having to wait for one whole day is unacceptable in my book.

That's it for now.  

Love,

Mary-Margaret


No comments: