Monday, January 14, 2013

A "Hissy" Encounter

I told mom I had to go out.  I just didn't tell  her everything, though.  I had a friend waiting for me in the back yard.  I raced out the door and started to play, but I got hissed at instead.  Huh? (I said)  That is NO way to talk to a friend, so I told it off.  "Arf arf arf", I said, over and over.  Mom comes out to see and starts yelling "NO NONONONONONO, Mary Margaret.  You come in.  NOW.  COME.  NOW."  Man, I thought she was going to faint or something she was so insistent.

"Fine", I said.  "Whatever!" and I walked back in the house.  As soon as I get inside, Mom grabs the camera, takes the picture and then slams the door.  Hello? It's not like I'm having him over for dinner or anything, but still she says "NO POSSUM".   I get it.  Really, I do.  No possum.   It wasn't all that friendly anyway, not like the gophers or feral cats or the rat that ate our plums, or anything.

Mom, on the other hand, after all that yelling, keeps thinking "What if the possum was hungry?  Or cold? Or it had babies to feed?  Now I KNOW I won't get any sleep tonight.  She's such a softie.

Love,
Mary-Margaret O'Brien
Lt. Chaplain - Yorkie Brigade Chapel"Yorkie prayers are Angel's wishes!"
"Pups for PPL"
"A dog has lots of friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue." Anonymous

No comments: