Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Absolutely LOVE my Life!

I know I was grousing about it this morning. But today was great. Everybody I met was everly so nice to me. And at Puppy School, Miss Letty was there, and she reminded me what an important job I have as her "TA" (Teacher's Assistant). Bentley is pretty feisty, and he and Dolly were having a go at it. Here he is on his "time out", and I'm having a heart-to-heart with him, counseling him on the proper behavior. He listens to me, you know, because I understand things from his point of view.

I really worked hard today and took a little water break. I had to meet and greet everyone, especially the new kids like Samantha, a black labrador, and Tiffany, a golden retriever. Samantha had some pretty serious attitude, so I knew to step back and let Miss Letty handle her.

Miss Letty is hand feeding a nest of baby finches. I was surprised to hear that they get that A/D Feline-Canine prescription diet just like I did at the hospital. Miss Letty dilutes it down with some water and puts it in a syringe. Baby birds eat about every fifteen minutes. This picture is of some of the kids hanging around Miss Letty hoping for some A/D food. I tell you, it smells really good.



And here are the hungry babies. Aren't they just the cutest thing ever? If you click on the picture you can make it bigger, and see the babies even better.

I'm so lucky being a pup and having a Mom who loves me and takes care of me. It would be just awful to have no mom, and have to try to live without your parents taking care of you, or having a warm place to sleep. Makes me sad to think of so many pups out there who just want a family to love. Maybe I can talk Mom into adopting another baby? Although, I wouldn't hold my breath. She says already I'm more than she can handle.

God bless us, everyone!

Love, Mary-Margaret, Teacher's Assistant

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you have been busy lately. I'm sorry I didn't check in with you yesterday, but it was kind of fun to have so much to catch up on this morning.

I think it would be awesome (Mum says that's a very American word by the way) to be a 'real' girl. I guess I never thought about it before. It would be SO nice to go more places with Mum and Dad. You're right, it's definitely discriminatory. The only public place I'm really allowed to go is Petsmart and that gets boring after a while. Of course, I get to go to the 'dogtor' and to the groomer's but that doesn't really count and it's not very exciting is it? I'm not even allowed to go to most parks around here, because dogs are BANNED.

I'm going to share something with you. My Mum has epilepsy (you might need to ask your Mom to explain to you what that is). I always know when Mum is going to have a seizure, so I keep telling her that she should get me certified as a 'seizure alert dog'. They are special dogs that go and get help when their Mum or Dad or brother or sister are going to have a seizure. Most people think you have to be a BIG dog like a labrador for example to do that, but many small dogs just like us are really good at it. Anyway, seizure alert dogs can go anywhere, just like guide dogs for the blind, even restaurants, can you imagine that? Of course, they still don't get to order all the good stuff from the menu and they have to be on their very BEST behavior (I'm really not sure about that part of the job). The problem for me however, is that I'm considered too old (at almost 3) to be officially trained and certified, so I'm just going to have to keep helping Mum as best I can. She's very proud of me I know.

Well I think I've just about run out of room, so I'll have to go for now but I'll be in touch later.
Keep dreaming....

Love,
Sarabi
Your BEST friend and 'unofficial' seizure alert dog

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Wow, Sarabi. That is SOOO neat, that talent you have. How can you tell when it's going to happen? Honestly, I sleep with my mom and I have trouble just knowing when she's going to roll over so I can keep from getting squished. I DO know when she's going to holler at me for something, though. Still, YOU are amazing. I think it's against to law to discriminate because of age. Gosh, if you know how to do that, then you ought to get certified. You are really awesome, Sarabi. Really!!

Love, Mary-Margaret