Friday, September 30, 2011

My new harness!

I got a present in the mail yesterday. It's a new beautiful black, bronze and gold step-in harness. It's gorgeous (picture to follow when we charge up our camera). I feel beautilicious in it!!

So it takes Mom a bit to figure out which end is up and what goes where. I "step in" (like I am told to do) and then we spend the next quarter hour adjusting the straps. "Ahhh...PERFECT!", says Mom, and I'm skootched out to the reception area to finish my nap.

You know (I think)...this really is comfy. When it's time to go home, I'm not interested in moving. Mom grabs the leash and pulls. "Fine...FINE!", I say, and I walk over to the door. Another yank, and I'm in the hallway. Mom's locking the door. She is holding my leash and starts to walk down the hall. "Hmmmm", she says, "This is awfully light!". She looks down and there is my harness on the end of the leash, but no ME!

"Mary-Margaret?", she says. "WHERE ARE YOU!!". Stifling a giggle (yes, Yorkies giggle), I poke my head around the corner. Someday, she'll learn who is the boss around here. Meanwhile, she picks me up and carries me to the car, muttering stuff to me all the way out. I don't even listen anymore. Like...it's always the same thing. "Mary-Margaret! You little stinker!" and "Mary-Margaret! What am I going to do with you?".

I'm thinking maybe tighten the straps a little more? Make it more of a challenge for me?

Until we meet again....

Mary-Margaret "Houdini" O'Brien

No comments: