Sunday, June 04, 2006

Like...I was maybe a Labrador or...

a Spaniel or something in a previous life? I just LOOOOOVVVVE water. So far I haven't been swimming, but I think Mom's gonna buy me a play pool. Oh I do so HOPE that she does. I practice in my water bowl. Stroke stroke stroke breeeeeeathe....only all the water goes on the floor.

I act like I'm really thirsty and just puppy-eye my mom to death so she fills my upstairs water bowl to the brim. I start leisurely lapping it up until she goes in the other room and then whoooppppeeeee! I pick up this supposedly "untippable" water bowl, turn it all the ways upside down and splash around in it. I mean, like...what's the big deal? The floor is tile and all? So why is Mom yelling at me?

Like I KNOW what the word "NOOOOO!" means, but now she's getting all red in the face and her eyes are bugging out at me. I hop onto the bed just to get out of her way. I mean if she faints or something I don't want her landing on MEEEE. But she just goes and gets MY towel and tosses it on the floor and glares at me. Then she stomps off muttering "I just don't know WHAT is the MATTER with you, Mary-Margaret".

Hmmmm? Maybe if I had my own pool to play in I wouldn't try to swim in my "untippable" water bowl?

Oops. Here she comes again. Next thing I'll be getting my own computer maybe?

Love, Mary-Margaret

5 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Tee hee hee Mary-Margaret ! You sound just like my brother Charlie - he just LOVES the water ! Check out his blog and read all about how he sat out in the rain all day the other day, then when we were allowed inside - mum had to towel him down with three towels - he was that wet !
Mum and dad had to put a little fence around the swimming pool to stop Charlie jumping in all the time - problem is, he can't swim !!! Who ever heard of a Labrador that can't swim ? It's unheard of !
As for me - I HATE water, don't want anything to do with it - only thing it's good for is drinking !
I hope your mum buys you a pool soon - you would only need a little one, so it really shouldn't be too much of a problem :-)
Lots of Love,
Opy

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Eeeyeeewww! Opy, boys can be SOOOO gross. Charlie is really smart and handsome, but I'm not sure I'd like to be around when he...er...um....has a gas attack. Pee-yeeeew!

Love, Mary-Margaret

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Shhhh, don't tell him he is smart and handsome - he already thinks he is the best, so we don't need to confirm it :-)
Yep, he sure is a stinker - but I love him all the same, he is my best friend - even if he does steal my bones and try and eat my dinner :-)
Love
Opy

Woofwoof said...

Mary-Margaret,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to play with water, but not in it. When the sprinkler is on, I like to run just ahead of the water jet without getting wet.

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Opy didn't tell you her preferred "Between Meal Snack" did she, and you think Boys are gross!

Charlie